It’s Christmas. There are parties to attend and dinners to sit at. At any holiday season social event, you want that perfect makeup look so you’re at your best. Simple makeup for everyday use won’t cut it. You can head to a stylist to get your makeup done and, while the end result will look good, you’ll be paying a lot. But money is tight and you’re likely buying a lot of other Christmas items. It can save a lot of time and money if you adopt some easy makeup ideas for yourself. There are a lot of simple makeup tutorials for eyes, face, and lips that add a bit of extra color to your look.
Before You Get Started
It sounds obvious, but many people don’t prepare their faces before they apply any easy makeup ideas. A simple makeup tutorial for beginners begins with the correct preparation method:
- Wash the face with lukewarm water—never hot, as it creates skin irritation later.
- Use a deep pore cleanser to remove any residue, including makeup from a previous application that still remains.
- One simple everyday makeup preparation trick is to exfoliate as much as possible. It really keeps your skin fresh. You just need an exfoliation brush and some scrub.
- Apply a moisturizer that suits your skin. Once you apply it, let it sit for a few minutes before you begin simple makeup tutorials.
Simple Everyday Makeup Techniques
Simple every day makeup isn’t that much different from, well, simple makeup for party situations. It’s all simple because the techniques for easy makeup ideas are done step-by-step, divided by facial feature. Try the following easy makeup ideas:
- Start with eyeliner. Keeping your eyes open, line your eyes from corner to corner. Keep the liner as close to the lash line as possible.
- If you’re going for a smoky-eye look, use a pencil eyeliner on the eyelids and smudge until smooth.
- For the holiday season, be sure to use bronze and gold eyeshadow to give your eye makeup some shine. Apply it by shading creases over the lids till smooth.
- Mascara is a tougher bit to apply, but it’s good to apply it to the eyelash roots first, then up to the tips. Be sure to apply more than one coat to avoid clumping and move your wrist in a swirling motion to apply the mascara evenly on lashes.
- Use either a liquid or powder foundation and apply it evenly across your face. You might have a blemish here or there. If so, don’t worry. Just don’t apply more foundation on them as they will stand out more.
- After foundation, apply concealer if you think you have some blemishes and want to achieve flawless skin. Concealer isn’t necessary so skip this stage if you don’t think you need it.
- Face powder goes on top of the foundation and concealer. This helps set the rest of your makeup. If you want a unique holiday party makeup look, this is when you can apply bronzer or highlighter. Make sure you apply in a circular motion.
- Once this is done, you can also apply blush for color. Again, apply it in circles.
- If your lips are dry, gently buff them with a damp cloth and then apply some lip balm in preparation for simple makeup tutorials.
- Once the balm has set in, blot the lips with a tissue to remove any excess.
- Apply lipstick straight from the tube to the lip’s center, then move out to the rest of the lip on either side. You can use your finger to smooth it out.
- For some extra shine, add a layer of lip gloss.
Kallor, A., “Perfect Makeup: 8 Super-Easy Steps for Looking Flawless—Fast!”. Glamor web site, May 1, 2011; http://www.glamour.com/story/perfect-makeup-8-super-easy-steps-for-looking-flawless-fast-2011-05
“20 Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners,” Style Craze web site, November 16, 2016; http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/25-eye-makeup-tips-for-beginners/